Installing AVG TuneUp on Windows
This article contains instructions for installing the version of AVG TuneUp with the dashboard shown below:
AVG TuneUp is a PC optimization tool that includes a range of scans which detect unnecessary items and performance issues to free up disk space and improve the speed of your system.
Install AVG TuneUp
- Log into Windows as a user with administrator permissions and ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Click the button below to download the AVG TuneUp setup file, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avg_tuneup_setup.exe and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes.
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu and click OK to continue.
- Click Browse... if you need to change the default location for saving AVG TuneUp program files, then click Next.
- Wait while setup installs AVG TuneUp on your PC.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
AVG TuneUp is now installed on your PC and ready to use. The user interface is accessible via the system tray icon on your Windows taskbar, or the AVG TuneUp icon on your desktop.
You need to activate AVG TuneUp using your valid activation code from an order confirmation email, or via your AVG Account registered for the email address you used to make the purchase. For instructions, refer to the following article:
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements:
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit);
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 300 MB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download and the program
- Optimal standard screen resolution no less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended
- Ensure your Windows is up to date. For information on how to install the latest Service Pack on Windows 7, refer to the following article on the Microsoft website:
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Restart your PC, and try to install AVG TuneUp again by following the instructions in this article.
If the issue persists, contact AVG Support.